Puppy Paddycakes with dog friendly frosting are a dog's all-time favorite treat!
For those peanut butter loving dogs, these easy puppy paddy cakes smell as they cook will drive your dogs crazy!
And a fluffy frosting made without butter, cream cheese, or sugar takes this cupcake to the next level. What are you waiting for?
In my world, dogs eat anything, but that doesn't mean we should lower our standards! Featuring sugar-free ingredients, these cupcakes are EVERYTHING you could ever ask for in a cupcake - they are sugar-free and dog-friendly!
And the frosting? Sweetened with honey and made creamy with yogurt, potato is the secret ingredient!
A far better alternative to excessive amounts of butter, cream cheese and icing sugar used in typical fluffy frostings.
🐶 Frosting for Puppy Paddy Cakes
The secret ingredient in the creamy, fluffy frosting you see on these cupcakes is potato. A proven hit for a quick treat for Ruby and Callie.
Online, you'll find all kinds of dog cake, cupcake and dog treat recipes topped with whipped cream and peanut butter, and frosting with a lot of fat. It looks great. It's bad for the dogs.
There would be a small amount on each cupcake, so I'm sure the pooches wouldn't mind, but it wouldn't have the wow factor visual-wise.
So I use peanut butter instead. It gets its authentic color from the creamy peanut butter, and it's far better for dogs than cream cheese, so you can use plenty of it.
You and eat it. But your dog is going to LOVE it!
📖 How to Make Air Fryer Puppy Paddy Cakes
Note: These are not light and airy like most cupcakes. They have more of a heavy moist texture to them kinda like banana bread.
🥣 Ingredient Notes
Whole Wheat Flour - whole wheat flour is widely used in dog treats, cookies, biscuits or even doggie cakes.
Creamy Peanut Butter - when using peanut butter, always use dog safe peanut butter with no Xylitol. I always look for peanut butter whose only ingredients are peanuts.
Yogurt - I always prefer to use Fage Greek Yogurt, but you can use any yogurt as long as it's low fat.
Olive Oil & Eggs - these are the items that bind together the ingredients.
📋 Directions for Puppy Paddy Cakes
- In a mixing bowl you'll add the peanut butter, eggs, yogurt and olive oil, mixing throughly.
- Slowly add in flour and mix well.
- Line your silicone cupcake liners and space them in the air fryer so they don't touch.
- Air fry at 325° degrees Fahrenheit for 13 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
👩🏻🍳 Printable Air Fryer Puppy Paddy Cakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- Add peanut butter, eggs, yogurt, and oil to the mixing bowl.
- Mix together by hand or with a mixer until fully blended.
- Add in the flour and mix well.
- Line silicone cupcake liners with paper liners if you want or cook right in the silicone. Place them on the air fryer tray. Evenly divide the cupcake mixture between 9 liners.
- Space them out on the tray so they are not touching. Place the tray in the air fryer and bake at 325 for 13 minutes. I did not preheat, just popped them in and started.
- Remove from air fryer and allow to totally cool before frosting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g