Is your dog a fan of carrots? These carrot banana dog muffins will be a hit with carrot-loving dogs.
A tasty Carrot Banana Dog Muffin is the perfect treat for your four-legged family members. These treats are moist, delicious, and will have your dogs begging for more.
Dog muffins are a great way to get more vegetables into your pet's diet. This easy-to-make treat is easy to make and may even clean your dog's teeth as they have the same effect as muffins we eat for breakfast.
Dogs can benefit from these carrot banana muffins if you want to give them something healthy to chew.
Muffins are awesome! These muffins are so cute and the size is perfect. You can serve the muffins at any time. It's because of this reason that I'm sharing this carrot and banana dog muffin recipe with you.
🐶 How to Make Carrot Banana Dog Muffins
Carrot banana dog muffins are a great dog treat you can make at home. There is nothing better than homemade treats to treat your dog with, and it is great if you can make them in your own home.
After making these muffins, give our Blueberry Peanut Butter Frozen Dog Treats a try! Your dog will love them!
🥘 Ingredient Notes:
Whole Wheat Flour- Whole grains (like whole wheat) are rich in nutrients for your dog, including fiber, protein, and vitamins. Whole wheat flour also contains antioxidants.
All Purpose Flour - Our recipes often call for whole wheat flour, but dogs can also enjoy all-purpose flour. The bulk in the doggie muffin is built with this ingredient.
Carrots - besides being rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamin A, carrots also contain dietary fiber?
Egg - ingredients are bound by eggs.
Bananas - Bananas are a favorite among dogs! A banana is a low-calorie, fat-free snack that has few calories and no fat. Besides being healthy for your dog, they're low in cholesterol and packed with nutrients.
Baking Powder - you can use a little baking powder to leaven pupcakes or muffins for your dog. It is not recommended to consume large amounts of it. Baking powder can be substituted with yogurt if you do not want to leave it out.
Cinnamon - Dog muffins, pupcakes, and dog treats are all made with cinnamon, which is one of my favorite ingredients. Besides making the recipe smell great, it also has many health benefits for dogs.
🥣 Supplies Needed:
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cupcake Pan
- Mini Cupcake Pan - if you have a small dog, you'll want to use a mini cupcake pan.
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Then set it aside.
- In another bowl mash the banana, add in your carrots, egg and water. Mix combine. Then gradually add in dry ingredients until batter forms.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit. Spray with non-stick cooking spray, mini muffin tin. Fill tins completely.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and treat your fur-baby to a healthy treat!
📋 Storage Tips
Keeping the muffins in the refrigerator for several weeks is possible. They can be frozen for up to two months.
👩🏻🍳 Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Other Carrots?
Adding another color of carrot to these cupcakes will make them even more fun. Yellow, red, white, and purple carrots are also available! For variety, you may substitute or add any of these other colors of carrots.
Can I Use this Recipe as a Cupcake or Cake?
A fun way to make dog treats is to bake cupcakes or a cake with this recipe. Pour the batter into a cake pan or loaf pan instead of muffin tins. If it's not done after the suggested baking time, check it every few minutes.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Grated Carrot
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana, Mashed
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1. In medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, mash banana, add in carrots, egg and water. Mix combine. Gradually add in dry ingredients until batter forms.
3. Preheat oven to 350° Degrees F. Spray with non-stick cooking spray, mini muffin tin. Fill tins completely.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and treat your fur-baby to a
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g