These melt in your mouth peanut butter cookies are hands down The Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe around. With chewy edges, a soft center and the perfect crinkly top.
All about the Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
If there’s a laid-back weekend, you’ll easily find me in the kitchen whipping up a batch of peanut butter cookies.
With its chewy edges, soft center and crinkly top, you can’t just stop at eating one cookie. In fact, they are usually the first to go at every party.
I’ve experimented with trying different ingredients for peanut butter cookies, but I always come back to using this basic simple peanut butter cookie recipe. Just pure peanut butter with unsalted peanuts.
Tips and Tricks for Peanut Butter Cookies
After a little bit of trail and error here are a few tips so you get the perfect baked peanut butter cookies.
Want a little extra crunch - bake them a minute or two longer. This will give you the extra crunch on the edges.
Chill your dough - Chill your dough a minimum of 3 hours or better yet, overnight. When mixing your cookie dough, the dough will be soft because of the peanut butter.
If your dough’s not chilled, the cookies will spread over the baking dish and become flat.
I like to chill my dough overnight. This way I get the perfect consistency in the dough. I also only bake my cookies in a cold pan. Letting your baking pan cool between bakes will ensure you get the perfect cookie every time.
Can I add some extras into the Peanut Butter Cookies
Want to add a little extra in your peanut butter cookie recipe?
The best time to add your extra goodies is when stirring your dry ingredients. Just mix it in and combine with the wet ingredients. Save a little to add on top of the finished dough.
You can even roll your balls in a little crystallized sugar to give it that added texture and make them look pretty, especially if you're giving them away as gifts.
Here are some extra ideas:
|Chocolate chips||Peanut butter chips|
How to make Peanut Butter Cookies
( Scroll down for the complete and free printable recipe)
The best thing about this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe is that the ingredients are everyday ingredients usually found in most kitchens.
Ingredients Need to Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
- unsalted butter
- chunky peanut butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- large eggs
- real vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- unsalted peanuts, divided
Directions to make Cookies:
Want a quick cookie recipe? These peanut butter cookies come together in about 10 - 15 minutes.
1. Cream the peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, continue mixing.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients together by mixing flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Add the unsalted peanuts.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and slowly stir until mixed.
4. Chill for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
5. Remove the chilled dough and separate into equal-sized small balls.
6. Leaving 2 inches between balls, use a fork to press down the cookies slightly to give that crinkly cookie look.
Bake and Enjoy!
Free Printable Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 c, unsalted butter
- 1½ c. chunky peanut butter
- 1½ c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t. real vanilla extract
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 c. unsalted peanuts, divided
1. Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat and set aside.
2. Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and ⅔ cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
5. Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
6. Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g