Our homemade liver training treats recipe is perfect for a puppy who is still learning how to behave.
In this recipe, your pup's natural appetite will be satisfied at the same time that you won't have to deal with any icky ingredients, such as liver.
These homemade dog training treats are crunchy in texture, so they are ideal for busy days when you need to train your dog a bit more.
Everyone loves treats, but dogs are particularly fond of them. It would be impossible for you to imagine going a day without giving your dog their favorite treat. Treats are a favorite among dog trainers as well.
Dogs love liver dog treats, which are the kind of training treats that we're making today! You don't have to worry about the smell of liver in the kitchen when you use freeze-dried liver sprinkles.
The ingredients can be customized based on what you have on hand.
🦴 No Smell: Beef Liver Sprinkles
When you use beef liver sprinkles, you will avoid the smell of dehydrating, cooking, or baking liver! Even the pickiest of dogs will enjoy this 100% Pure Canadian Beef Liver.
Not only can you use it in recipes like our air fryer liver dog treats, but you can also sprinkle it on their food if they decide not to eat.
🥘 How to Make Homemade Liver Training Treats for Dogs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: approximately 5 cups
- Skill: Super Easy
📋 Ingredient Notes:
Whole Wheat Flour - We recommend using whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
Banana- over ripe bananas are ideal for this recipe.
Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is suitable for dogs to consume, use on their skin or coat, and they have no complaints about it. It is best to select virgin coconut oil, as most of coconut oil's benefits can be observed in this variety.
Beef Liver Sprinkles - Sprinkle beef liver on top of your dog's homemade dog treats or even their own food to add irresistible flavor. Even the pickiest of eaters can’t resist it. You can do the same thing with their food by sprinkling it on top of their food. This beef liver treat is suitable for pets of all breeds and ages.
Add peeled banana, coconut oil and liver sprinkles to the food processer. Mix until well blended. Add flour and water and mix until fully blended.
Using the rest of the flour dust the counter or pastry mat then dump the mixture onto it. With your hands, press the mixture into a ball.
Use a rolling pin to flatten the ball until it is about as double-thick as a pie crust.
Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into strips then cut across those strips to make small pieces. I did mine about ½ inch by ½ inch but you can cut to any size you want.
If you cut your pieces smaller, they will take less time to bake so keep an eye on them and take them out when they are lightly golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 2 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 over ripe banana
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup liver sprinkles
- Add peeled banana, coconut oil and liver sprinkles to the food processor. Mix until well blended.
- Add 2 cups flour and water and mix until fully blended.
- Using the rest of the flour dust the counter or pastry mat then dump the mixture onto it.
- With your hand's press the mixture into a ball.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the ball until it is about as double-thick as a pie crust.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife cut the dough into strips then cut across those strips to make small pieces. I did mine about ½ inch by ½ inch but you can cut to any size you want.
- Place pieces on a silicone mat on a baking sheet. Space them out so they are touching as little as you can. I had to do 3 cookie sheets to bake all mine. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400° degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- If you cut your pieces smaller, they will take less time to bake so keep an eye on them and take them out when they are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow too cool.