Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links (Amazon Associate or other programs we take part in). As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
The best way to make Keto chicken thighs is to cook them in creamed mushroom sauce. The creamy chicken thighs recipe with mushroom sauce will have guests flocking to your kitchen like a magnet.
A rich, creamy mushroom sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and parmesan is steamed with crispy boneless chicken thighs.
This restaurant-quality meal takes less than 45 minutes to prepare and requires only one pan.
This recipe for chicken thighs is low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free.
One of the best ways to enjoy boneless chicken thighs is over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, or low carb Keto options such as mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles!
The best thing about a quick and easy chicken recipe is that you can cook it in just 15 minutes!
🐔 Creamy Keto Chicken Thigh Recipes
One of my favorites of all the chicken thighs recipes on this blog is this one right here! Compared to baked bone-in chicken thighs, boneless chicken thighs cook faster on the stove top.
📖 How to Cook Your Keto Chicken Thighs
Depending on the size of your pan, you should only sear two or three fillets at a time. You shouldn't toss the whole fillet in the pan! You will have pale, tasteless, steam chicken. That's not good.
To achieve such a golden brown color, space between the thighs is needed, which will seal in moisture, making the chicken juicy and delicious.
🍗 Adding the Creamy Sauce for Chicken
This sauce is jam-packed with flavor! Get the best sauce for your chicken by starting with garlic buttery mushrooms! Any type of mushroom is fine, but we use brown (or Cremini) mushrooms.
You most likely have the rest of the ingredients in your kitchen cabinets and refrigerator!
🍄 Ingredient Notes for Mushroom Sauce
Dried Herbs - Using dried herbs is convenient because we usually have jars of seasoning and herbs in our kitchens. If you have fresh, you can use them! Fresh herbs are fine in amounts of two teaspoons each.
Thyme and Rosemary are my favorites, but you can substitute anything you prefer. Try Oregano, Basil, or even Tarragon!
Cream - The use of heavy or thickened cream is usually for lowering carbohydrate/fat intake.
You can use evaporated milk, reduced fat cream or half and half instead if you are counting calories or fat.
You can add ⅓ cup white wine to your mushrooms and cook it down to half before adding your cream for even more flavor.
📋 Macros Per Serving
Macros - per serving*
Net Carbs: 4.48g
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice. All information is based solely on results provided by HappyForks.com and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
🥘 Other Chicken Recipes
🐤 Printable Creamy Chicken Thighs with Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Melt two tablespoons butter in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper, to taste, and add to the hot skillet.
2. Brown the chicken thighs on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. The chicken should release easily from the bottom of the skillet when ready.
3. Transfer chicken to a platter and add remaining butter to the skillet. Add the sliced Portobello mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms develop some color and start to release their liquids, approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and gently scrape up the brown bits from the bottom. Return the chicken thighs and juices that collected on the platter to the skillet.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 25-30 minutes. Remove pan from heat and transfer the chicken to a platter. Cover and keep warm.
6. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding one or two tablespoons of the hot liquid from the skillet to it before adding it to the pan. Add the cream cheese to the skillet and stir until it is thoroughly melted and incorporated into the sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
7. To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce and mushrooms over each chicken thigh and sprinkle with some fresh parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 784Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 374mgSodium: 788mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 59g