This Family Style Weeknight Keto Pepperoni Pizza will be your new favorite keto diet dinner!
You may have already figured out that pizza is out of the question if you're on a keto diet ("high fat, low carb"). One doughy piece of crust contains enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis for days!
How about if I told you that you could eat pizza every night (if you want) - crust, sauce, and all? I'm talking good pizza, too...
Pizza that tastes like pizza, not something that is literally unrecognizable as pizza. It's so easy to make this Weeknight Keto Pepperoni Pizza. It's so good that even non-keto dieters will enjoy it.
Also, this is not one of those weird keto pizzas made from cauliflower or zucchini - this is not one of those pizzas.
The best thing about this pizza crust is that you can make it thick or thin to suit your taste. You can "thicken" the crust by baking it a little longer if you wish.
What’s In This Keto Pizza Recipe
To make the keto pizza crust, you’ll use:
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato Paste - sugar-free
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil leaves (optional)
Notice, no zucchini or cauliflower here, and the cream cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese go together like a dream!
The crust browns perfectly, just like a real pizza crust, and it is both crispy and chewy at the same time. You won't have this problem with this pizza crust. (I've heard people say that cauliflower pizza crust is too soggy.)
Your keto pizza crust is ready once you have baked it, and then you will top it with a sauce made from tomato paste, sugar-free tomato sauce, and flavorful herbs.
Note: You can avoid the high carb count of sugar-laden sauces by using sugar-free, natural tomato paste and sauce.
Next, you sprinkle on mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices and bake the pizza until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
You'll have a delicious keto pizza in only 40 minutes!
What’s The Net Carb Count?
Those who want to stay in ketosis will probably keep track of their net carb count (carbs minus fiber). Per serving, this keto pepperoni pizza recipe has 6.2 grams of carbs and 0.7 grams of fiber, giving you a net carb count of 5.5 grams.
A serving of this pizza will easily fit into a keto diet, since most people aim for 20-25 grams of net carbs per day. Just be careful not to add anything too high in carbs when you add toppings.
How To Personalize Your Keto Pizza
The sky is the limit with the toppings for this keto pizza recipe!
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Sliced avocado
- Ham or Ham and Pineapple
- Crumbled ground beef
- A wide variety of cheese
- Any other low-carb food!
You can also alter the recipe to make the pizza your own distinctive taste by experimenting with the herbs and spices.
How to Make Family Style Weeknight Keto Pepperoni Pizza
This delicious and guilt-free pepperoni pizza features a melt-in-your-mouth baked cream cheese “crust,” plus all the incredible flavor you’ve come to expect from this perennial favorite.
What’s more, the versatile cream cheese crust recipe can be tweaked to include your favorite herbs and spices for a truly distinctive flavor.
But don’t stop there! Experiment with your favorite pizza toppings for a quick and satisfying meal you can enjoy any night of the week.
Other Keto Recipes
- Keto Family Night Pot Roast
- Keto Roasted Salmon Dinner with Hollandaise Sauce
- Keto Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
Printable Family Style Weeknight Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1½ t. dried basil, divided
- 1½ t. dried oregano, divided
- 1 t. garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ T. tomato paste
- 3 T. sugar-free tomato sauce
- 4 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Optional garnish: Fresh basil leaves, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 375° F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon basil and oregano, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk until mixture is completely blended and smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the prepared baking sheet into the desired shape and thickness. (For thicker crusts, reduce oven temperature to 350° F and increase baking times for best results).
- Place the crust in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden brown. Check halfway through cooking time to ensure the crust bakes evenly and does not become too brown.
In the meantime, whisk the tomato paste, tomato sauce, the remaining dried herbs, and the garlic powder in a small bowl.
Lightly season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before topping with tomato sauce, sliced pepperoni, and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or just until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil, if desired, and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 1192mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 21g