Pork chops with mushroom gravy may sound odd, but trust us – it is amazing. Paired with a side of seasoned green beans, this meal is an excellent choice for a special occasion, or for a night when you want to throw caution to the wind and don't want to worry about cooking.
What comes to mind when you think of a cozy and comforting favorite meal, one that you can taste the love in as soon as you bite into it?
My mind immediately goes to a pan sauce soaked in rich and savory flavors smothered with juicy, succulent pork chops. My oh my, is this a cozy dish!
These yummy pork chops are so quick and easy to make and are absolutely delicious!
The sauce is smooth and rich and comes together in minutes. It's the perfect main course for a keto or low carb meal plan with only 1.62 carb grams per serving.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links (Amazon Associate or other programs we take part in). As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
🔪 Pork Chops Smothered in a Savory Pan Sauce and Lots of Love
Pork chops smothered in sauce are not for the weak-hearted. This recipe is perfect for those who love juicy and succulent pan-fried pork chops!
They're so versatile, you can serve them with anything - mashed potatoes or white rice to soak up the sauce... or roasted veggies to make a complete meal!
🥣 Southern Comfort Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
The rich mushroom gravy smothered in pork chops makes this one of the best Southern comfort foods. Chops are best eaten with sauce, and this recipe has plenty of gravy.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves pork and is always on the lookout for mouth-watering recipes!
You can serve them over mashed potatoes, or even our buttery mashed cauliflower.
Throw some sauteed green beans or snap peas on the side for some greens, and you have yourself a complete dinner! They'll ask you for seconds!
📖 How to Make Keto Pork Chops with Rich Pan Mushroom Sauce
Pork chops are a fantastic way to cook with the season's bounty of fresh mushrooms.
Note: In my experience, it's too easy to overcook the meat, or to mess with the flavors with too many ingredients.
Here's how to make it simple and delicious.
📋 Ingredient Notes
Virgin Olive Oil - virgin olive oil is used to sear your pork chops.
Shallots - finely mince the shallots for your pork chops and mushroom gravy.
Pork Chops - the best are the bone-in pork chops.
Garlic powder, Salt and Pepper - The best pork chops and gravy have a little taste of subtle garlic.
Mushrooms - slice your mushrooms.
Unsalted butter - let's face it, everything tastes better with butter!
Optional Garnish - add a couple of tablespoons of parsley leaves, chopped fine.
Full recipe and directions below
- Heat olive oil in a pan and place shallots into pan until they've softened. Usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper. Add the chops to the hot skillet and brown on each side.
- When cooked, place pork chops on to a platter and set aside. Add chicken bone broth. Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, add the butter to the pan and whisk to mix with the pan sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley if using. Pair with your choice of sides and serve immediately. Enjoy!
💭 Why Use Shallots Instead of Onions
A shallot has a more subtle flavor than a regular onion, and it is also a little sweeter.
Raw or cooked, they can be used in raw applications when you want an oniony flavor that is not too punchy, such as salad dressings, or in slow-cooked, braised dishes where they provide sweetness and improve the taste of food without dilution.
🍽 Keto Macros Per Serving
- Calories: 509
- Fat: 36.35g
- Carbs: 1.62g
- Net Carbs: 1.42g
👩🏻🍳 Other Keto Recipes
- Keto Chicken Thighs with Mushroom Gravy
- Keto Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese
- Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas
⭐ Printable Keto Pork Chops with Rich Pan Mushroom Sauce
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. shallot minced
- ¾ cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 bone-in pork chops, approximately ½” thick
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- Optional Garnish: 2 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot softens and develops a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the pork chops with the garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the chops to the hot skillet and brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the pork chops from skillet to a platter and set aside. Add chicken stock and gently scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Return the chops to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
4. Transfer chops to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, add the butter to the skillet and whisk to combine with the pan sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, spoon some of the pan sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley if using. Pair with your choice of sides and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g