Change up your mornings with this power-house 15 Minute Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Hash packed full of vitamins and nutrients.
What makes a Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Keto-Friendly?
Doesn’t this Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Hash look amazing? It really is so good! Besides the Keto Egg Wraps, this is one of my favorite go-to recipes.
If you've been searching the web for Keto recipes, you’ll notice they make a lot of Keto breakfast skillets with eggs and non-starchy vegetables, which definitely makes them keto-friendly. Eggs and root vegetables are a staple for a Keto diet.
You’re probably looking at it thinking those are potatoes in the skillet? Just wait - they’re not. They’re radishes, which makes for a delicious low carb way to boost your keto breakfast skillet!
Besides, they taste great when you sauté them. They look just like potatoes, don’t they? Let me tell you, they really do taste great!
What is the Macronutrient Breakdown for Southwestern Skillet Hash?
With this basic recipe, there are approximately 275 calories per serving, plus 21.33 grams of fat with 5.44 grams of net carbs.
The macronutrient breakdown for this Keto Breakfast Hash Skillet is:
Macros - per serving*
Net Carbs: 5.44g
How do I make a 15 Minute Keto Breakfast Hash Skillet?
This quick 15 Minute breakfast skillet is really easy to make. It takes about 15 minutes to chop up the vegetables, throw it in the skillet and 15 minutes to cook. Besides being healthy too, it tastes delicious and saves in the refrigerator to re-heat the following day!
Let’s start with the basic ingredients.
- Red Onions
- Unsalted Butter
- Sweet Peppers
- Fresh Cilantro
- Italian Seasoning
- PowderSalt and Pepper
You’ll start by cooking your bacon either in a pan or in the oven until crispy. Once it’s cool, crumble your bacon into smaller size pieces. Set it aside.
Next we’ll start by cooking your vegetables. I love to cook my vegetables with bacon grease. Using bacon grease is a great way to add flavor to your vegetables, plus it’s dairy-free. A Bonus!
If you don’t like bacon grease, you can melt one tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet and sauté your vegetables over medium heat until cooked.
Add in the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes develop some color. It usually only takes approximately 4-5 minutes.
Pro Tip on Radishes: Most radishes come in a 16-ounce bag. For this recipe you’ll use about half the bag.
If you haven’t cooked with radishes before, they are small red, circular vegetables. They’re a root vegetable, so you’ll want to trim off the bottom bit ( the stringy part).
Once cut, scrub the radishes and slice them into quarters.
Next, add the chopped peppers to the skillet. Stir occasionally until the peppers are soft. Approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add in your crumbled bacon and stir your vegetables and bacon together. After you have all your vegetables cooked, you’ll create four pockets in the skillet. You can do this by pushing aside the vegetables with a spatula.
Add an egg into each pocket to cook on medium heat until the eggs are cooked all the way through. Approximately 3-5 minutes.
Top your skillet hash with fresh cilantro and diced avocados.
Other Keto Low Carb Breakfast Ideas:
20 Minute Keto Breakfast Sandwich - Breakfast sandwiches are the go-to for busy people. You’ll love this easy 20 Minute Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwich with Avocado and Cheddar that’s full of bacon, melted cheese and no bread!
Keto Egg Wraps - Want a power house breakfast full of healthy real food then you’ll love these 10 Minute Quick and Easy Keto Egg Wraps with Spinach, Avocado & Bacon are like a breakfast burrito on crack!
Free Printable Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Hash Recipe
- 2 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 8-oz. bag radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- ¼ c. red onion, finely diced
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. ground chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ c. mini sweet peppers, diced (tri-color)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Cook bacon in non-stick skillet or oven until crispy. Crumble and set aside.
- Add the radishes, red onion, and Italian seasoning into the bacon grease. If you don't like bacon grease, add a tablespoon of butter and sauté. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the radishes start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the chopped peppers to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pepper softens, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Create four “pockets” in the skillet by pushing the vegetables to the side with a spatula. Add an egg into each opening and reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook until the eggs are cooked through, approximately 3-5 minutes depending on desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and crumble the crispy bacon on top of the skillet. Top with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately with the diced avocado and fresh lime wedges on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g