Just 1g of net carbs per serving in this Whole30 + Keto Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce meal! Easy-to-make hollandaise sauce serves as a great topping for this low-carb salmon dinner.
How do you feel about salmon? Do you like it or do you hate it? People don't seem to be indifferent much. We eat salmon about once a week, and it's one of our favorite foods. We love roasted salmon and asparagus with hollandaise sauce!
The meal is as impressive as one you would find in a restaurant, and one you could enjoy without going there. Today we're eating at home; no excuses for eating out!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links (Amazon Associate or other programs we take part in). As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
🥘 Let's Talk About the Hollandaise Sauce
We'll just get right to the hollandaise sauce, one of the best parts of this recipe.
Until I made this salmon recipe, I never really liked hollandaise sauce. Since then, I've been thinking about it nonstop.
For every meal, I want a fresh batch of buttery, creamy, and delicious sauce to pour over whatever I am eating. Imagine all the delicious things you can do with this sauce!
While this dish looks fancy, it is incredibly easy to prepare. 20 minutes is all it takes! My favorite meals are usually quick and easy, as you may have realized by now.
Even better, this meal fits into our low-carb keto lifestyle. We were not big fish eaters before, unless it was battered and deep fried, so we will try to incorporate more fish into our meals.
You've probably heard that all healthy eating and diet plans recommend eating more fish.
Fish is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, low in saturated fat, high in protein, and provides the body with vitamin D, iron, iodine, phosphorus, and selenium.
👩🏻🍳 Are Raw Eggs in Hollandaise Sauce Safe?
Considering that this Hollandaise sauce contains raw eggs, some may be concerned about its safety.Hollandaise sauce is subject to some debate regarding its safety. It is traditional to prepare the eggs over a double boiler at a very low temperature before whisking in the butter.
Using the blender method presented here, begin with very warm, melted butter (it should not be scorched).
When melting the butter on the stovetop, you will have better control over the result, achieving a warm and bubbly result without going overboard.
💭 How Many Carbs Does Hollandaise Sauce Have?
Macros Per Serving
- Calories: 467 Calories
- Fat: 34.85 grams
- Carbs: 0.93 grams
- Net Carbs: 0.93 grams
- Protein: 36 grams
📖 How to make Keto Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce
There is a lot to love about this recipe. It’s packed with nutrients and it’s easy to prepare:
📋 Salmon Ingredient Notes
Salmon - With salmon, you can cook it in just about any way you like, whether baking, grilling, or even adding it to desserts.
Sometimes, however, the best way to cook a beautiful, fresh piece of fish is to simply pan-roast it until just-cooked. It's ok to like your salmon fully cooked as long as it's still pink and flaky on the edges, but I prefer it slightly rare in the center.
This dish receives a rich, buttery touch from the hollandaise sauce, which transforms a simple piece of fish into a delectable meal.
🐣 Blender Hollandaise Sauce Notes
Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to a high-speed blender and melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave until it is completely liquid and bubbling.
Blend the eggs yolks, lemon juice, and seasonings for several seconds, then slowly drizzle the warm, melted butter into the blender while it is still operating. (Once the butter has been added to the blender, the mixture should quickly develop a smooth consistency. If it is too thick, add a tablespoon of warm water and blend for another couple of seconds).
Taste the sauce and add additional lemon juice, salt, or cayenne pepper, as desired. Pour the sauce into a serving container and set it in lukewarm water until ready to use. (Avoid overly hot water as it will cause the eggs to solidify).
💭 Other Keto Recipes
Printable Keto Roasted Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 4-6 oz salmon fillets1
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed
baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon filets on the prepared baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
2. Place the baking sheet in the oven to roast for 12-15 minutes, or just until the salmon flakes easily. Do not overcook.
3. Right before the salmon is ready to come out of the
oven, add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to a high-speed blender and melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave until it is completely liquid and bubbling.
4. Blend the eggs yolks, lemon juice, and seasonings for several seconds, then slowly drizzle the warm, melted butter into the blender while it is still operating. (Once the butter has been added to the blender, the mixture should quickly develop a smooth, creamy consistency. It if is too thick, add a tablespoon of warm water and blend for another couple of seconds).
5. Taste the sauce and add additional lemon juice, salt, or cayenne pepper, as desired. Pour the sauce into a serving container and set it in lukewarm water until ready to use. (Avoid overly hot water as it will cause the eggs to solidify).
6. When the cook time is complete, remove the salmon from the oven and serve immediately with roasted asparagus, broccoli, or your choice of sides. Drizzle some warm hollandaise sauce on top, along with the fresh chives right before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 291mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 40g