These summer days I love making Cantaloupe and Yogurt Pupsicle dog treats. There’s nothing better than when Ruby, Callie and I just come back from a long walk on a hot day to share a homemade frozen dog treat.
Does your dog like ice cubes? Then they will love these frozen cantaloupe dog treats are so much better than giving your dog an ice cube and just as much fun.
Not only is this recipe a healthy snack, but it’s the perfect for your pups to enjoy on a hot or even a chilly day.
🫐 What other Fruits can I use in frozen pupsicles?
You can easily enjoy summer with your dog by making pupsicles with any current seasonal fruit.
You can substitute watermelon or honeydew in this recipe, and replace the yogurt with nut milk if your dog prefers. Or try some other seasonal fruit:
📋 How to Make Ruby's Cantaloupe and Yogurt Pupsicle Dog Treats
This recipe is not only easy to make, but it is also healthy for you and your dog. In case you're tempted to try one.
📖 Ingredient Notes
Yogurt - It is best to give your dogs plain yogurt or even nonfat plain yogurt. Be sure it's yogurt without xylitol or any artificial preservatives or sweeteners. Fage Plain Greek Yogurt is my favorite.
Fresh Diced Cantaloupe - High in nutrients, low in calories, and high in fiber and water, cantaloupe is an excellent source of nutrients.
Stick Dog Treats - These homemade frozen dog treats can be made with any dog stick or bully stick.
🥣 Supplies Used
- Small Bowl
- Silicone Molds - I used these cylinder type molds as my others were all dirty, but you can use any cute doggie molds, there's paw prints or dog bones, super cute!
🐾 Recipe Directions
Complete recipe and directions are in the recipe card below.
- One of the easiest dog treat recipes to make in less than 5 minutes!
- Simply mix the yogurt and cantaloupe in a blender until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into your silicone molds and freeze for about 2 hours.
🍓 Other Dog Treat Recipes
👩🏻🍳 Printable Ruby's Cantaloupe and Yogurt Pupsicle Dog Treats Recipe
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh diced cantaloupe
- 2-3 stick dog treats or bully sticks (optional)
- Add yogurt and cantaloupe to the blender.
- Mix the blender on high until it is fully blended and smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into molds. Leave just a little space at the top so it does not overflow on the next step.
- Cut pieces of the stick treats and place them in each mold to make a popsicle stick. This is an optional step if you want to skip it you can.
- Place in freezer and allow to freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen solid.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g